- This event has passed.
Thrive Thrift Shop Clothing Swap
October 10, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$20
$20 – three ways to purchase tickets:
– in advance at eventbrite.ca
– Thrive Thrift Shop: 555 Spence Street (Mon-Sat, 10 to 4pm)
– At the door at The Forks
Get rid of the clothing that you are bored of while spicing up your wardrobe with new items! Sizes available from 0 to 3XX. Labels include Olson, Esprit, Joe, Calvin Klein, Banana Republic, GAP and more!
Never been to a clothing swap before? Now is your chance!
Step 1: Purge your closets of clothing that no longer fits or that your heart no longer adores.
Step 2: Bring clothing along (women’s, men’s, teen girls) and a girlfriend or four to The Forks on October 10.
Step 3: Be prepared to have fun as you grab as much clothing to take home as you wish! Bring as much as you want. Take as much as you want!
CLOTHING SWAP TIPS!
– One person’s garbage is another persons treasure. You have a few weeks to go through your closets, drawers and tupperware bins! Bring anything that you want to get rid of – tops, tanks, dresses, sweaters, shoes, accessories, coats, etc. * Please wash first! *
– Don’t feel like lugging the clothing to the event? You can drop off your clothing ahead of time at Thrive Thrift Shop: 555 Spence Street, just north off Sargent Avenue. Hours: 10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Saturday. Alternatively, you can call 204-783-9281 to arrange for a pick up.
– No one likes hairy or wrinkled clothing. If you are a cat lady, please pull out the lint brush (and ironing board) before you pack your clothes up
– Don’t have any clothes to purge? Please come anyway!
– Follow us on Instagram @thrivethrifting to see all that we do and the people we help thrive!
100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Thrift Shop Social Enterprise which aims to empower individuals by providing volunteer opportunities where individuals can learn employment, social and life skills and gain work experience!